Pursuant to Legislative Decree 49/2014, for Producer of EEE means anyone, regardless of the sales technique used::
- manufactures and sells electrical and electronic equipment bearing its trademark;
- resells with its own trademark equipment manufactured by other suppliers;
- imports or inserts at first, in the national market, electrical and electronic equipment as part of a professional activity and endeavours its commercialization.
The Producer of EEE according to the directive must:
- sign in the National Register of EEE Producers
- choose the methods of financing through the individual or collective system
- contribute to the financing of electronic waste management by applying the eco-contribution
- provide information on technological waste to users
- transmit the input data on the market to the Register of Producers
By adhering to the ECOEM Consortium , the Producer fulfills the obligations envisaged for those who place electrical and electronic equipment on the National market and contributes to financing the collection and treatment of WEEE as established by law. With ECOEM the producer is in good standing and can count on the direct advice and constant support.